Thursday, January 5, 2012

What's Next?


Hello Campers

It’s been several months since my last post. I was hoping to be on another Big Island Adventure by now, but Hawaii is elusive at this time. But don’t worry; I will defiantly get to see her come April–no matter what. Until then, I will have to put together a few more adventures.

The next one up is a short jaunt to Cancun, Mexico. I know it technically is not an island but trips down that way are cheaper these days. I’ll only be down there for two full days, but I plan to get in as much sunbathing as humanly possible. I am also looking into checking out some Mayan ruins—maybe Chichen Itza. 

Chichen Itza


I have also discovered a site out there call Globe Trooper that allows you to find traveling companions. Since I am on sabbatical from my job, and most others that I know are still working, I need someone to travel with for companionship and safety as well. I have a companion for Chichen Izsa but will need one for a few more adventures coming up. If you like to travel, click the link above. 

You can sign up–it’s free– and then look for trips or post one of your own. Perhaps the next several weeks will have me planning a trip. This makes me very happy.

Another website that is looking promising is Discovery Adventures. This one has trips already planned out, all you have to do is sign up. Now, generally I am not a big fan of guided tours. I would much rather go and explore things myself. However, since some of my travel may be by myself, I am thinking about safety– mainly in numbers. This looks pretty good plus I can get my own room if I want (at additional costs, of course). 

So the traveling will begin again soon. In the meantime I am checking out all of the traveling sites I can find in order to find the cheapest ways to get anywhere but here while I still have the time to do. But hopefully, if things go really well, I will have the time to travel for a really long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment