Saturday, April 21, 2012

Pono: Be Effective


Our last day of the retreat was short and sweet. We arrived back at the B&B at 10:45 am to shower and get ready for closing ceremony. Now it was time to reflect on the week, on what we have learned as a group and individually, and then to use it in our lives so that we can be more effective.
However, first things first. I needed a massage....badly. So luckily our group massage therapist was ready for me. Unfortunately, I was so sore and so sensitive that she couldn’t do any deep tissue rubbing. I had to settle for relaxing--which was fine. I needed that just as much. 
Then I sat to reflect on my lessons. 
  • Number 1: I am much more patient with children than I am adults. Everyone is learning something--let them learn it.
  • Number 2: when you are in Hawaii, you are on island time. Schedules must be thrown out of the window. 
  • Number 3: even when I am tired and cranky, I need to be careful of word vomit. The way my words affect some people may not be as effective as I may want.
I will miss my new friends that I have made on this journey, but tomorrow I start a new one. Laura and I will leave Kauai and head to Maui to spend a few days exploring that island. I have a feeling that I am going to make up for some missed beach time. Stay tuned for more pics!


No comments:

Post a Comment